The National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd (NTPC) and Ministry of Power (MOP) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) 2013-14 on 2 April 2013. The MoU was signed between CMD of NTPC, Arup Roy Choudhury and Secretary Power of MOP, P. Uma Shankar.
Main points of the MoU
• According to the MoU signed, NTPC will work towards generation of 242 BU during 2013-14.
• In 2013-14, NTPC will also strive to produce 4 MMTPA coal from its own captive mines.
• NTPC envisaged fresh capacity addition of 1875 MW in 2013-14.
• Milestones related to other ongoing projects and Mines of NTPC are also part of MOU.
• Other sections associated with CSR & Sustainability, Financial Performance, Human Resource and R&D in line with guidelines of Department of Public Enterprises also formed a part of this MoU.
• Ministry of Power will assist NTPC in the areas related to Commercial, Fuel Security and Ash Utilisation and land acquisition.
It is important to note that during 2012-13 financial year, NTPC added 4170 MW which is the highest ever capacity addition by NTPC in any financial year.
The overall commercial capacity of NTPC is 34820 MW and total commissioned capacity of NTPC became 41184 MW.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.