The Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD) on 31 August 2016 signed a Memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Amar Chitra Katha to publish and distribute a special edition of a comic book. The comic book will focus on Swachh Bharat Mission.
The 32-page comic book will carry messages pertaining to sanitation and solid waste components of Swachh Bharat Mission.
Key highlights of the comic book
• The book would comprise a series of inspirational stories from the mission, cleanliness rankings of cities, the public figures and ambassadors, environmental impact.
• It will also contain stories of individuals and organizations that can inspire children to the concept of Swachhata.
• There will be an interactive workbook of tips and tricks, which children can use to clean their own areas.
• It will also include a section about how to organize community cleanliness drives.
• Amar Chitra Katha will be developing and creating the special edition comic book in English. It will also be translated into Hindi.
• In order to ensure large scale dissemination of these stories, MoUD will distribute them through national school boards like CBSE, Kendriya Vidyalaya and Navodaya Vidyalaya.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 31 August 2016