Munger through the Ages: late DP Yadav
A book entitled Munger through the Ages authored by late Devendra Prasad Yadav was released on 7 August 2014 at the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi. The first copy of the book was received by President of India Pranab Mukherjee.
The President received the book by Dr. Karan Singh, the Chairman of ICCR, who formally released the book.
Munger through the Ages depicts the rich history and heritage of Munger district along with its geographical and demographic features. The book also says about the administration in Munger during the early days of independent India and many aspects of its modern day challenges.
About Devendra Prasad Yadav
• He was a Parliamentarian and was first elected to the Parliament in 1971 and was a member of 5th, 7th and 8th Lok Sabha
• He was given the charge if Deputy Minister in the Education Ministry by the then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi from 1971-1977
• Had been the Chairman of Central School Organization, Government of India (1971 - 1977)
• As a Parliamentarian, he played a key role in the development of the Panchayati Raj Act and the preparation of the Report of the Mandal Commission
• He was born on 12 January 1937 and grew up in Sandalpur, Munger (Bihar) and was nicknamed gajadhar by his father, meaning one who can lift an elephant
Some of the books authored by DP Yadav
• Development Imperatives for Grassroot Planning (A Personal Memoir)
• Dynamics of Development (An inside story)
• Sansad Mein Chandrajeet Yadav
• Uranium and Beyond
• Bihar: Aaj aur Kal
• Bihar Bhavishya ke Panch Saal 2011-16
• Sesh Bihar: Bhavishya aur Chunautiya
• Mere Sapne ka Munger
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group
PM Modi plans to connect with youth through his book to be published later this year
Indira Gandhi: A Life in Nature authored by Jairam Ramesh launched
Mitchell’s book, Who Has Seen the Wind, returned to library after 52 years with apology note
India might become an educationally failed nation: Ganesh Devy