Narasimhan Ravi, the director of Kasturi and Sons Limited as well as the former Editor of The Hindu was unanimously elected as the president of Editors Guild of India on 23 April 2013 at the annual general meeting of the Guild in New Delhi. He succeeded T.N. Ninan, the chairman and editorial director of Business Standard. He will be serving two-year term as the President of the Guild.
Editors Guild of India is the organisation of the editors of various magazines and newspapers of India. Apart from the election of the President of the Guild, the annual general meeting took certain issues such as consultation paper on the cross-media ownership which was issued by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI). Another issue that was discussed at the general meeting was media regulation.
About Narasimhan Ravi
• Narasimhan Ravi was born on 1 January 1948.
• He is a veteran Indian journalist.
• He served as Editor-in-chief of The Hindu from 1991 to 2003.
• He joined The Hindu in 1972.
• He also served as Washington correspondent of The Hindu from 1977 to 1980.
• In 1980, he became the Deputy Editor of The Hindu and later, he became the Associate Editor.
• In 1991, he became the Editor-in-chief of The Hindu, succeeding his uncle G. Kasturi.
• In 2003, he was taken over by N. Ram, the Managing Director.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.