New Prince of Britain, the Royal Baby, Named George Alexander Louis
His Royal Highness, the new Prince of Britain, also called the Royal Baby was named George Alexander Louis on 24 July 2013.
His Royal Highness, the new Prince of Britain, also called the Royal Baby was named George Alexander Louis on 24 July 2013. The announcement was made from the Kensington Palace. It was declared that the third-in-line successor to the throne will be known as His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge.
Significance of the name- George
• The meaning of the name George is earth worker or farmer.
• It is important to note that the name George was highly speculated because this was also the name of six previous British kings. The queen's father, George VI rallied Britain during the World War II.
• George was also the 12th most popular name for boys in England as well as Wales in 2011.
• St. George, a 4th-century Christian martyr, is also the patron saint of England.
Significance of the name- Louis
• Louis is attributed to Lord Louis Mountbatten, who was the Duke of Edinburgh's uncle as well as the last British Viceroy of India before 1947.
• It is important to note that Prince Charles, the father of Prince Williams, was closely related with Lord Louis Mountbatten, who was then assassinated by Irish Republican Army in 1979.
It is said that as per the royal standards, the announcement of the name of His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge was too quick. Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh had taken one month for naming Prince Charles.
Prince William and Kate Middleton will soon choose a picture for the first official portrait of the baby.