German Formula 1 Mercedes Driver Nico Rosberg on 1 May 2016 won 2016 Russian Grand Prix. It is his fourth win in a row this season.
Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton of United Kingdom stood second and Ferrari driver Kimi Räikkönen of Finland secured 3rd place in the tournament.
The race, contested over fifty-three laps, was held at the Sochi Autodrom in Sochi, Russia. The race was the fourth round of the 2016 season and marked the fifth running of the Russian Grand Prix and the third time as a round of the Formula One World Championship.
List of top 5 finishers in 2016 Russian Grand Prix
1. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes
2. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes
3. Kimi Räikkönen, Ferrari
4. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull Racing-TAG Heuer
5 Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari
About Russian Grand Prix
• The Russian Grand Prix is an annual auto race held at Sochi Autodrom, a street circuit built around Olympic Park in Sochi, Russia, as part of the Formula One World Championship.
• The race was first held briefly in the 1910s in St. Petersburg of the Russian Empire.
• The plans were made to host a Formula One event in Moscow for the 1983 season as the Grand Prix of the Soviet Union. However, the plans fell through.
• It was officially announced in 2010 that the Russian city of Sochi, which was also preparing to host the 2014 Winter Olympics, will host a new event on the F1 schedule beginning in the 2014 Formula One season under a seven-year deal.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Nico Rosberg
When: 1 May 2016