Nishi Vasudeva on 22 August 2013 became the first woman to be selected as the head of the Navratna public sector unit (PSU), Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL). She became the head of the state-owned oil company HPCL. At present, she is the Director, Marketing, HPCL and will take over as the chairman and managing director of the company. She will replace Subir Roy Choudhury, who will retire on 28 February 2014.
However, the recommendation of her name as the head of Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd will be given to Oil Ministry now. After the consent of the Oil Minister M Veerappa Moily, her name will be clearance by the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) and the Central Bureau of India (CBI). Thereafter, her candidature will be forwarded to Cabinet Committee on Appointments (ACC).
Life Sketch of Nishi Vasudeva
• Nishi Vasudeva was selected after interview of seven shortlisted candidates, which also included PK Joshi, Director (HR), HPCL.
• In the year 2007, she also became the first woman to reach the Board of Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd.
• She is an alumnus of IIM-Kolkata.
• She started off with her career in the oil industry with the Engineers India Ltd. Her experience stretches along 36 long years in different streams such as information system, planning and information, corporate as well as marketing.
• Earlier, she also served as the executive director of LPG at HPCL.
• She was also the chairperson of Bhagyanagar Gas Ltd.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.