NITI Aayog on 22 August 2017 announced to launch the Mentor India Campaign, a strategic nation building initiative to engage leaders who can guide and mentor students at more than 900 Atal Tinkering Labs.
These Atal Tinkering Labs are established across the country as a part of the Atal Innovation Mission.
Highlights of the Mentor India Campaign
• Mentor India is aimed at maximizing the impact of Atal Tinkering Labs.
• It aims to engage leaders who will nurture and guide students in the Atal Tinkering Labs.
• These labs are non-prescriptive by nature, and mentors are expected to be enablers rather than instructors.
• These leaders will be expected to spend one to two hours every week in such labs to enable students experience, learn and practice future skills such as design and computational thinking.
About Atal Tinkering Labs
• Atal Tinkering Labs are dedicated works spaces where students from Class 6th to Class 12th learn innovation skills and develop ideas that will go on to transform India.
• The labs are powered to acquaint students with up to date equipment such as 3D printers, robotics & electronics development tools, Internet of things & sensors etc.
• The government is in the process of setting up 900 such labs across India and also aims to have 2000 labs by end of 2017.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider