The Odisha Government on 17 May 2016 decided to launch Green Passage Scheme for orphan students.
The scheme will ensure that the orphan students get free of cost higher education in the state.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik also gave his green signal for the scheme, which would function under the department of higher education.
Key highlights of the scheme
• Orphan students pursuing higher education from Plus-II level to post-graduation level will no longer have to bear the education expenses.
• As many as 16382 orphan students lodged in 272 institutions across the state, will be exempted of admission fee, tuition fees and laboratory fees for higher studies.
• They will be provided free hostel facilities and food.
• The state government has also directed all government, private, government aided colleges and universities to ensure that the orphan students are not charged in any form.
• The state government will bear all cost of the orphan students.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Odisha Government
When: Announced on 17 May 2016