The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) on 21 November 2016 announced Pankaj R. Patel as its newly elected President for 2017.
Patel will take over from Harshavardhan Neotia during the FICCI AGM to be held on 16 December and 17 December 2016 in New Delhi. Neotia is the Chairman of Ambuja Neotia Group.
Who is Pankaj R. Patel?
• Pankaj Ramanbhai Patel is the Chairman and Managing Director of Cadila Healthcare. It is the fifth largest pharmaceutical company in India.
• In 2004, he was tied for 26th place on Forbes magazine's first annual list of the 40 richest Indians with an estimated net worth of 510 million US dollar.
• He was named the Best Pharma Man of the year 2003 by the Foundation of Indian Industry and Economists.
• He fell out of the list of richest Indians by 2005.
• He obtained Bachelor of Pharmacy and Master of Pharmacy degrees from Gujarat University.
• He also holds a BA degree in Science and Law from the University of Mumbai.
About Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry
• The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry is an association of business organizations in India.
• It was established in 1927 by GD Birla and Purushottam Das Thakurdas. It was established on the advice of Mahatma Gandhi.
• It is the largest, oldest and the apex business organisation in India. It is a non-government, not-for-profit organisation.
• It has an indirect membership of over 2500000 companies from various regional chambers of commerce.
• It is involved in sector specific business policy consensus building, and business promotion and networking.
• It is headquartered in New Delhi.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.