Pietro Fittipaldi won 2015-16 MRF Challenge Formula 2000
The 2015–2016 MRF Challenge Formula 2000 Championship was the fourth running of the MRF Challenge Formula 2000 Championship.
Brazilian racing driver Pietro Fittipaldi on 31 January 2016 clinched the 2015-16 MRF Challenge Formula 2000 at Madras Motor Racing Track in Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu.
Fittipaldi won two of the four races which earned him the required points to clinch the title with a tally of 244 points while Colombian Tatiana Calderon finished second (199), just eight ahead of Nikita Troitckii of Russia (191).
About Pietro Fittipaldi
• Pietro Fittipaldi da Cruz is the grandson of two time Formula 1 champion Emerson Fittipaldi.
• He began his racing career in the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series, winning the track championship at Hickory Motor Speedway in 2011.
• In 2013, he moved to Europe to pursue a career in open-wheeled racing.
• In 2014, he won the Protyre Formula Renault Championship, clinching the title with one race remaining.
• In October 2014, he was one of four drivers to be invited to join the Ferrari Driver Academy.
About 2015–16 MRF Challenge Formula 2000 Championship season
• The 2015–2016 MRF Challenge Formula 2000 Championship was the fourth running of the MRF Challenge Formula 2000 Championship.
• It began on 31 October 2015 at Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi and finished on 31 January 2016 at the Madras Motor Racing Track, India.
• The series comprised 14 races, spread across four meetings, with the second round in Sakhir being a support event to the FIA World Endurance Championship.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App