Piyush Goyal, Minister of Railways & Coal on June 11, 2018 launched two mobile apps, namely, Rail Madad and Menu on Rails.
These apps are in line with the ‘Digital India’ initiative of PM Narendra Modi.
Rail Madad App
- Indian Railways has for the first time completely digitised the Complaint management system through the launch of the Rail Madad App.
- The Rail MADAD (Mobile Application for Desired Assistance During travel) app seeks to expedite passenger grievance redressal.
- The Northern Railways (Delhi Division) has developed the Railway Passenger Grievance Redressal and Management System (RPGRAMS) which encompasses Rail Madad App to register complaints by passengers through mobile phone or web.
- It relays real time feedback to passengers on the status of redressal of their complaints and the passenger gets an instant ID through SMS on registration of complaint, followed by a customised SMS communicating the action taken thereon by Railways.
- RPGRAMS integrates all the passenger complaints received from multiple modes on a single platform, analyses them holistically and generates various types of management reports.
- It identifies weak areas and laggard trains/stations for undertaking focussed corrective actions.
How the Rail Madad App works?
- The app registers a complaint with minimum inputs from passenger, issues unique ID instantly and relays the complaint online to relevant field officials for immediate action.
- The action taken on complaint is also relayed to passenger through SMS, thus fast tracking the entire process of redressal of complaints through digitisation.
- It also displays various helpline numbers such as Security, Child helpline, etc. and provides direct calling facility for immediate assistance in one easy step
- All modes of filing complaints including offline and online modes are being integrated on a single platform; therefore the resultant management reports present a holistic picture of weak areas.
- Hierarchy based reports will be available for management at Zonal and Railway board level and will be sent through auto email to every concerned officer weekly.
'Menu on Rails' App
• Indian Railways also launched a app named ‘Menu on Rails’, developed by IRCTC for creating awareness for the items served to passengers on their Rail Journey.
• The mobile app is available on Android and iOS platforms and its Website version is also available for users.
• It will help in creating awareness among Railway passengers about food items available and their price.
• In case of pre booked foods, Shatabdi/ Rajdhani/ Duronto / Gatiman/ Tejas passengers will become aware about the food items and quantity to be served to them.
• It will help in controlling the overcharging of catering items.
• It will display food items that are covered in 4 categories namely : Beverages, Breakfast, Meals and A-La-Carte and their prices as well.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week