Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 6 April 2017 laid the foundation stones of several development projects including a multi-modal terminal and a four-lane bridge over River Ganga at Sahebganj in Jharkhand.
Key highlights of PM visit to Jharkhand
• He laid down the foundation stone of Sahibganj-Manihari 4-land Bridge over river Ganga in Sahibganj.
• He also dedicated the 311-kilometer long Govindpur-Sahibganj Highway to the nation
• He laid the foundation stone of the River Port Terminal on the river Ganga at Sahibganj
• He dedicated the 90 KWP solar power unit in Sahibganj District Court and the 70 KWP solar power unit at Sadar hospital, Sahibganj.
• He distributed certificates to 956 newly appointed constables of special Pahadia Battalion
• He also distributed 1 lakh smart phones to women entrepreneurs’ of Sakhi Mandal. This will help in adding a momentum to the less cash and Digital Jharkhand Campaign.
Speaking after laying the foundation stones, Modi said, these projects will provide employment to the people of Jharkhand and skill development will also be boosted. He said development is the only key to improve lives of the people of the state. The government is committed to serve the tribal communities through development.
When: 6 April 2017