PM Narendra Modi inaugurates RAISE 2020 Virtual Summit, highlights India's efforts in becoming a global hub for Artificial Intelligence
RAISE 2020: Artificial Intelligence will play a significant role in empowering agriculture, education, healthcare as well as creating the next generation of urban infrastructure and addressing urban issues.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a mega virtual summit on Artificial Intelligence RAISE 2020- ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020’ on October 5, 2020, at 7 PM.
According to an official release from PMO, the mega virtual summit will be organised by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and NITI Aayog on October 5-9, 2020.
The release also informed that PM Narendra Modi plans on leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) for inclusive development, representing India’s ‘AI for ALL’ strategy in the spirit for Sabka Saath Sabka Vikaas.
Over 15,000 stakeholders from across the reserach industry, academia and government representatives across the world have to participate in the mega summit of Artificial Intelligence (AI).
#WATCH PM Modi addresses 'The Responsible AI for Social Empowerment (RAISE 2020)' Virtual Summit https://t.co/buJZiSJu3g— ANI (@ANI) October 5, 2020
PM Modi's inaugural address during RAISE 2020:
• Prime Minister Modi while inaugurating the mega virtual summit on Artificial Intelligence appreciated the effort which has been done to encourage discussion on Artificial Intelligence. He added that people working in the area have rightly highlighted the aspects relating to Technology & Human Empowerment. The collaboration between Artificial Intelligence and humans can do wonders for planet Earth.
This is a great effort to encourage discussion on Artificial Intelligence. You all have rightly highlighted aspects relating to technology & human empowerment. The teamwork of AI with humans can do wonders for our planet: PM Modi at RAISE 2020 virtual summit pic.twitter.com/27eowZTdZF— ANI (@ANI) October 5, 2020
• In his address, the Prime Minister talked about the 'Responsible AI for Youth' Program which was launched in April 2020. While informing about the program, he added that over 11,000 students from schools have completed their basic course under this, and now they are building projects related to Artificial Intelligence.
We launched ‘Responsible AI for Youth’ program this year in April. Over 11,000 students from schools completed their basic course under this. Now they are building AI projects: PM Narendra Modi https://t.co/HeeI2ym2MM— ANI (@ANI) October 5, 2020
• Talking about the positive productivity of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Prime Minister noted that we must protect the world from the weaponization of AI by Non-State Actors. He added that it is our collective responsibility to ensure trust in how this intelligence is used. Algorithm Transparency is key to establishing this trust and equally important is accountability.
It remains our collective responsibility to ensure trust in how AI is used. Algorithm Transparency is key to establishing this Trust. Equally important is accountability. We must protect the world against weaponisation of AI by Non-State Actors: PM at RAISE 2020 virtual summit pic.twitter.com/xddiwsXMSj— ANI (@ANI) October 5, 2020
The National Educational Technology Forum:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his inaugural address at a mega summit of Artificial Intelligence (AI) RASIE- 2020 informed that The National Educational Technology Forum is being formed. The form will aim at creating an e-Education unit to boost the digital content, digital infrastructure, and capacity.
The National Educational Technology Forum is being formed. This will create an e-Education unit to boost the digital infrastructure, digital content and capacity: PM Modi at RAISE 2020 virtual summit— ANI (@ANI) October 5, 2020
Artificial Intelligence empowering various sectors:
Artificial Intelligence will play a significant role in empowering agriculture, education, healthcare as well as creating the next generation of urban infrastructure and addressing urban issues like improving sewage systems, reducing traffic jams. AI is expected to further help our making our disaster management systems stronger.
I see a big role for AI in empowering agriculture, health care, education as well as creating next-generation urban infrastructure&addressing urban issues like reducing traffic jams, improving sewage systems. It can be used for making our disaster management systems stronger: PM pic.twitter.com/Dz69Ux9z9A— ANI (@ANI) October 5, 2020
Inauguration of the mega virtual summit 'RAISE 2020'
The Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad at the inaugural address of 'Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020'- RAISE highlighted the enormous potential of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in generating employment and to bring further equity and delivery.
While talking about the significance in his address, the minister added that Artificial Intelligence (AI) will only become meaningful when it brings in a palpable improvement in the quality of life of ordinary Indians.
Therefore, if the Digital Indian was for Digital Inclusion, it is essential that AI further promotes that inclusive character of development in its future plans.
We welcome Artificial intelligence (AI) because it has enormous potential to generate development and also bring in further equity & delivery: Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad at Responsible AI for Social Empowerment (RAISE 2020)' Virtual Summit pic.twitter.com/ZSyDd5XS7h— ANI (@ANI) October 5, 2020
About ‘RAISE 2020’:
RAISE 2020 (Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020) will be a global meeting of minds to exchange ideas and charts a course for using AI for inclusion, social transformation, and empowerment in areas such as agriculture, healthcare, education, and smart mobility among other sectors.
Significance of RAISE 2020 for India
The mega virtual summit is part of the Indian government’s continuing support to the tech entrepreneurs and startups by providing recognition, exposure, and guidance.
As per the PMO release, India is well-positioned to become a global leader in the development of artificial intelligence as it is home to the world’s third-largest ecosystem, robust and ubiquitous digital infrastructure, elite science and technology institutions like IITs, and millions of newly-minted STEM graduates every year.
Industry analysts have also predicted that Artificial Intelligence (AI) could add up to $957 billion to India’s economy by 2035.
Sessions during mega virtual summit ‘RAISE 2020’:
• Delegates and experts in policy, research, and innovation on artificial intelligence will join from across the globe in RAISE 2020.
• RAISE 2020 session will have a keynote from Assistant Secretary-General, Deputy Executive Director, UN Women, Anita Bhatia. The summit will also have an all-women panel, curated by UN Women.
• The virtual summit RAISE 2020 will discuss the cross-sector subjects like ‘Inclusive AI’, ‘Leveraging AI for Pandemic preparedness’, ‘The Impetus that Innovation Places on Digitisation’, ‘Partnerships for Successful Innovation’.
• The mega summit will also feature some of the most exciting startups who have been working in Artificial Intelligence-related fields.
• Startups that will be chosen through AI Solution Challenge will showcase their solutions in the AI Startup Pitchfest which is on October 6, 2020.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS