PM Narendra Modi launched National Agriculture Market
This project will operate through an online portal which is being linked to the mandis of the States.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 14 April 2016 launched the pilot of e-NAM, the e-trading platform for the National Agriculture Market, for the farmers. It was launched on 125th birth anniversary of Baba Saheb Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar.
The initiative will usher in transparency which will greatly benefit the farmers. In the initial stage 21 mandis in 8 states have been linked to e-NAM and by September 2016 two hundred mandis will be included and by March 2018 five hundred eighty five mandis.
With this, the farmers can sell or buy the agricultural products online using this portal.
Features of the Project
• This project will operate through an online portal which is being linked to the mandis of the States.
• Its software will be provided to all the willing states without cost.
• A knowledgeable person will be deployed for one year in every sharing mandi to facilitate the smooth functioning of the portal.
• Under this Project, Union Government is providing a grant of 30 lakh rupees to the proposed agriculture mandis of the states.
• The farmers will be provided farmer helpline services 24X7 for obtaining information related to this portal.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App