The President Pranab Mukherjee on 10 January 2016 inaugurated the three day long 88th annual conference of Nikhil Bharat Banga Sahitya Sammelan in Ranchi, Jharkhand.
In this conference, delegates from all over the country attend to hold thematic discussions, meet Bengali authors, novelists, and poets, attend literary sessions, exchange thoughts with scholars of the other languages.
All participants of the conference would also be encouraged to contribute towards Indian literature continously.
About Nikhil Bharat Banga Sahitya Sammelan
• Nikhil Bharat Banga Sahitya Sammelan is an annual convention of Bengali literary personages of India.
• Under the great Bengali literary personalities like Atul Prasad Sen, Kazi Nazrul Islam and others, the Sammelan prospered to have branches every major city and town of India.
•It serves Bengali literature and Bengali culture in almost all the states of India. The central office of the organization is located at New Delhi.
• It was initially known as Prabasi Banga-Sahitya Sammelan and was held annually.
• The first annual conference was held in Benares in 1922 and presided over by Kobiguru Rabindranath Thakur. And in 1923 its Varanasi session was patronized by Rabindra Nath Tagore.
• Between 1922 and 1980 the conference travelled all over India, from major cities like Delhi, Calcutta, Bombay, Madras, Lucknow, and Hyderabad, to small cities like Srinagar and Guwahati.
• After Independence, in 1953 the coinage 'Prabasi' was dropped and 'Nikhil Bharat' (All India) was adopted in the context of the free nation.
• The organization publishes a regular Bengali journal called 'Sammelani' and various other books related to Bengali literature and culture.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 10 January 2016