President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurates Intelligent Operations Centre and launches Mobile App Monitor
The IOC is a software solution designed by IBM. It helps collect and make sense of the rich data streaming in from several sources within the Estate to provide intelligent insights.
President Pranab Mukherjee on 19 May 2016 inaugurated an Intelligent Operations Centre (IOC) in Rashtrapati Bhavan.
President Mukherjee also launched a Mobile App Monitor for transformation of President’s Estate into a smart township. The Smart President’s Estate will work around the 4H theme of a Humane, Hi-tech, Heritage and Happy Township.
About Intelligent Operations Centre
- The IOC is a software solution designed by IBM.
- It helps collect and make sense of the rich data streaming in from several sources within the Estate to provide intelligent insights.
- It offers integrated data visualization, near real-time collaboration and deep analytics that will help agencies prepare for problems, coordinate and manage response efforts and enhance efficiency of services.
- The Monitor mobile application is a Residents collaboration tool of the Intelligent Operation Center.
- The application will help residents and domain (Energy, Water, Horticulture, Waste and Security) supervisors to collaborate in a smarter way for their observations.
- It will enable residents to report issues such as broken street lights, electricity failure, water wastage etc. and check resolution status using their mobile devices.
- It will allow residents to report these issues using their mobile devices in the Estate on a real time basis.
- These reported observations can be used to provide enough details such as location coordinates, address to concerned departments.
- This will help the residents of the Estate become more socially responsible, aware and collaborative.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App