Qatar 2022, FIFA World Cup logo unveiled
The Official Logo of the FIFA WorldCup Qatar 2022 embodies the vision of an event that connects and engages the entire world.
The official logo of Qatar 2022 FIFA world cup has been unveiled in the capital Doha recently. FIFA world cup 2022 will be hosted by the Gulf emirate and preparations are in full swing. Qatar celebrated the release of the 2022 world cup logo by displaying in its public space in Doha and cities around the world.
The unveiling of the logo took place at 8:22 pm local time (17:22 GMT). Thousands of people were gathered to witness the synchronised projection of the logo onto a number of the country’s most iconic buildings. Sites like - Al Zubarah Fort, Burj Doha, Souq Waqif and Katara Cultural Village Amphitheatre were illuminated with a synchronised projection of the logo. Similarly, the logo was unveiled in 24 other cities around the world like – Mumbai, London, Mexico City, Johannesburg, Seoul and Paris.
Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup logo
• The logo represents local culture with the burgundy colour of the Qatar’s flag.
• The Arabic white unisex shawl with maroon patterning has used to give it a style and a unique design.
• It is displayed in a figure-of-eight symbolising infinity while creating a heart shape above the words “FIFA WORLD CUP Qatar 2022”.
• The swooping curves of the logo represent the undulations of desert dunes.
• It is displayed in a figure-of-eight symbolising the eight stadiums that will host the World Cup matches.
About Qatar FIFA world cup 2022
It will be the 22nd edition of the FIFA World Cup which will be the first staged in the Arab world. It will be started on November 21, 2022. The final will be played on December 18, 2022, Qatar's National Day. Official Twitter handle of FIFA world cup shares that FIFA and host country Qatar reached another major milestone on the road to the world’s greatest football showpiece.