Radha Binod Barman took over as part-time Chairperson of National Statistical Commission
Professor S. Mahendra Dev, Professor Rahul Mukherjee, Dr Rajiv Mehta and Dr Manoj Panda are the other part-time members in the commission.
Renowned statistician Dr Radha Binod Barman on 4 May 2016 took over as the part-time Chairperson in the National Statistical Commission.
On the other hand, Professor S. Mahendra Dev, Professor Rahul Mukherjee, Dr Rajiv Mehta and Dr Manoj Panda took over as other part-time members in the commission.
About National Statistical Commission
• The Government of India ordered setting up National Statistical Commission of India on 1 June 2005 on the recommendation of C. Rangarajan Commission.
• It is an autonomous body, which was formed in July 2006.
• The objective of its constitution is to reduce the problems faced by statistical agencies in the country in relation to collection of data.
• The Chief Executive Officer, NITI Aayog is the ex-officio Member in the Commission.
• The Commission is an advisory body on all statistical matters, set up to enhance public trust in official statistics.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App