The Ministry of Railways on February 6, 2018 signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of AYUSH to augment the AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy) system services in Railway zonal hospitals at New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Guwahati.
The MoU was signed by Principal Executive Director of Health Gajendra Kumar, on behalf of the Ministry of Railways and Advisor Manoj Nesari from Ministry of AYUSH.
Highlights of the MoU
• The AYUSH health services will be augmented in B.R. Singh Hospital in Eastern Railway, Perambur Railway Hospital Southern Railway, Central Hospital of Northern Railway, JR Hospital in Western Railway and the Central Hospital of Northeast Frontier Railway.
• Railways Ministry will arrange for providing logistics and infrastructure in the form of Land & building, Equipments, Furniture, AYUSH medicines and consumables as well as Manpower as per its guidelines.
• Railways Ministry will also organize and provide orientation training to newly recruited AYUSH Doctors and AYUSH Paramedicals.
• While, the Ministry of AYUSH, in turn, will provide all other technical inputs required for introduction of AYUSH Systems in the five identified Railways Hospitals.
• The Ministry of AYUSH will also provide technical knowledge regarding the pharmacopoeia, medicine inventory, hospital planning.
• Guidelines of manpower requirement; Procedures of AYUSH Doctors, AYUSH Para medical for introduction of AYUSH Systems and guidelines for contractual AYUSH doctors and paramedical staff will also be provided by the Ministry of AYUSH.
At present, Indian Railways is running 126 Homeopathic Clinics and 40 Ayurvedic Clinics through Staff Benefit Fund under Welfare Section of Establishment Directorate.
Who: Railways Ministry
When: 6 February 2018
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.