Railwire was in news in the first week of May 2016 as Google launches Free Public Wi-Fi Service at 5 Railway Stations as part of it.
What is RailWire?
• RailWire is an initiative of the RailTel Corporation of India Limited (RailTel) which is a Union Government’s enterprise
• The main motto of the RailTel is to make available information and communications technology (ICT) to Common Man and Internet, Education and Health Services to Masses which include masses in remote areas.
• It leverages RailTel’s considerable infrastructure and presence pan-India.
• It aims to provide value-added services in Retail sector, Education sector, Health & Spiritual Lifestyle.
• It focuses on pure-play broadband and VPN services.
• It offers content & applications-driven network, flexibility & affordable pricing, all in one.
• It aims to become a hub of local information, and a platform for rendering communication, infotainment, education, health and community services to the masses.
• It is all about managing the end-broadband-customers through fibre to the building (FTTB), fibre to the Home (FTTH) or similar technology.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: First week of May 2016