Rakesh Kumar Mishra on 19 May 2016 was appointed the new Director of the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) by the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
Who is Rakesh Kumar Mishra?
• Mishra is a noted expert in the study of function of genes.
• He had joined CCMB in 2001 as a senior scientist after stints at the IISc, Bangalore, the University of Bordeaux, France, Saint Louise University, USA and the University of Geneva, Switzerland for post-doctoral experience.
• He obtained his masters degree from Allahabad University.
• His research interests include investigating evolutionarily conserved features of genome organisation, chromatin structure and epigenetic regulation of genes during embryonic development stages.
About Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology
• The Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology is an Indian Biotechnology research establishment of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research located in Hyderabad, India.
• It is a designated Center of Excellence for Global Molecular and Cell Biology Network, UNESCO.
• The National Biosafety level - 4 Containment Facility for Human Infectious Diseases, is Located in CCMB.
• Its objectives are to conduct high quality basic research and training in frontier areas of modern biology, and promote centralized national facilities for new and modern techniques in the inter-disciplinary areas of biology.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Rakesh Kumar Mishra
When: 19 May 2016