Real Madrid made history on 3 June 2017 as they became the first team ever to win back-to-back Champions League titles.
Real Madrid defeated Juventus 4–1 to win a record-extending 12th title. With this victory, Real Madrid became the first team to successfully defend their title in the Champions League era, and the first to do so since Milan in 1990.
The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff hosted the final.
About Real Madrid
• Real Madrid is a professional football club based in Madrid, Spain.
• It was founded in 1902 as Madrid Football Club.
• The club is one of the most widely supported teams in the world.
• In domestic football, the club has won a record 33 La Liga titles, 19 Copa del Rey, nine Supercopa de España, a Copa Eva Duarte, and a Copa de la Liga.
• In European competitions, the club has won a record 12 European Cup/UEFA Champions League titles, two UEFA Cups and three UEFA Super Cups.
• In international football, they are the only Spanish club to have won both international titles, a joint record three Intercontinental Cups, and two FIFA Club World Cups.
About UEFA Champions League
• The UEFA Champions League is an annual continental club football competition.
• It is organised by the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) and contested by top-division European clubs.
• It is one of the most prestigious tournaments in the world and the most prestigious club competition in European football.
• The UEFA Champions League final is the most watched annual sporting event worldwide.
• The tournament was introduced in 1992. With the introduction, the competition replaced the European Champion Clubs' Cup, or simply European Cup, which had run since 1955.
• The winner of the UEFA Champions League qualifies for the UEFA Super Cup and the FIFA Club World Cup.
• Real Madrid is the most successful club in the competition's history, having won the tournament 12 times, including its first five seasons.
Who: Real Madrid
When: 3 June 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.