Reliance Industries Limited on 1 September 2016 launched the Reliance Jio Service offering free voice calls and zero roaming charges for its customers as a part of Jio Welcome Offer.
The Jio Welcome Offer will be effective from 5 September 2016 up to 31 December 2016. As part of the Jio Welcome Offer, users will have access to unlimited LTE data and national voice, video and messaging services along with the full bouquet of Jio applications and content free of cost.
Reliance tied up with around 20 smartphone brands including Samsung, Micromax and LG to bundle Jio SIM cards with them with free voice and data for three months.
Highlights of the Reliance Jio Service
• Domestic voice calls to any network across the country would be free for Jio subscribers even beyond the Jio Welcome Offer.
• Domestic roaming services would also not be charged separately.
• Average data prices would be around 50 rupees for 1 GB, which would be amongst the lowest in the world.
• In addition to fixed and wireless broadband connectivity, Jio will also offer end-to-end solutions in key domains such as education, healthcare, security, communication, financial services, and entertainment.
• Jio's 4G network covers 18000 cities and towns, and over 2 lakh villages.
What all services a Jio customer will get?
• The Jio-Apps bouquet, which is worth 15000 rupees for an annual subscription, will be available complimentary for all active Jio customers up to 31 December 2017.
• The JioFi router has been launched at just 1999 rupees.
• New Lyf devices starting at 2999 rupees only.
• More than 70% of all devices sold in India support 4G LTE. And that soon that will be 100 percent.
• 1 million wifi hotspots across India.
• A special student discount offer, with 25 percent more data on the main tariff plans, would be offered to all students.
• 2.8 million songs, 6000 movies and thousands of magazines and newspapers to be added for Jio customers
• Reliance launched Jio Money for customers to go cashless with the help of this digital wallet
• There will be no blackout dates for Jio customers. No extra charges for festive days. Customers can access their bill at real-time after every transaction.
About Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited
• It is a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) and the first telecom operator to hold pan India Unified License.
• It has created a legacy free, next-generation voice and broadband network which can be seamlessly upgraded even to 5G and beyond.
• It will be the only company in the world providing next generation digital services over an end-to-end all-IP network at this scale.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App