Former Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer Renu Pall was on 8 October 2016 appointed as the Ambassador of India to Austria. Her appointment was announced by the Union Ministry of External Affairs.
She will succeed Rajiva Misra in Austria. Currently, Pall is serving as the Ambassador of India to the Czech Republic.
Austria is a German-speaking country in Central Europe, characterized by mountain villages and baroque architecture.
About Renu Pall
• She joined the Indian Foreign Service in 1988.
• Since May 2011, she has been Joint Secretary (ASEAN Multilateral) in the Ministry of External Affairs.
• She was previously the Deputy Chief of Mission of the Embassy of India at Berlin.
• Her other overseas assignments included Embassies of India at Washington DC, Paris, and Moscow.
• She has been Director (US & Canada), Director (Foreign Secretary’s Office) and Under Secretary & Deputy Secretary (US & Canada) in MEA.
• She was part of the Indian Civil Accounts Service from 1985-1988.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.