The resolution was adopted by the National Integration Council in its 16th Meeting held in New Delhi on 23 September 2013. The Resolution included some of the crucial points and measures.
The National Integration Council unanimously resolved the following points:
• To condemn violence in any form committed to disturb communal harmony and to deal with all those indulging in such violence in a prompt and resolute manner under the law.
• It further resolved to ensure that all women enjoy the fruits of freedom, to pursue their social and economic development with equal opportunities, and to safeguard their right of movement in the public space at any time of the day or night.
• To take all measures to preserve, sustain and strengthen the harmonious relationship between all communities and enable all citizens to lead their lives in freedom as equal citizens with dignity and honour.
• It also resolved that the Union Government of India and all stakeholders shall take all measures for resolving differences and disputes among the people within the framework of law and institutions set up thereunder in order to strengthen our secular and pluralistic society.
• It further resolved to work indefatigably for their complete integration with the rest of the society on equal terms.
• The Council resolved to eradicate the dehumanising practice of manual scavenging and other forms of undignified labour and ensure for the people engaged in this practice alternate forms of employment that assures a life of dignity and honour for them.
• To condemn the sexual abuse, molestation and violent attacks on women and to ensure prompt and firm action against the culprits by the law enforcement agencies as well as speedy prosecution of such cases under the criminal justice system.
• To condemn the repeated atrocities on the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, and take stringent action on the perpetrators of such crimes under the various laws and special acts enacted.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.