Russia won European Team Athletics Championships 2015
In totality, Russia won the 368.5 points, 22 points ahead of Germany which secured second place.
Russia on 21 June 2015 won the European Team Athletics Championships by winning 10 of the 40 events on the program. The championships were held in Cheboksary, Russia.
This is the fourth time that Russia won the title since the inception of games in 2009.
In totality, Russia won the 368.5 points, 22 points ahead of Germany which secured second place. France had their best finish at the championships, coming third by winning 319.5 points.
However, Sweden, Finland and Norway finished at the bottom of the table and these countries will now drop to the second tier of the championships for 2016. The Czech Republic, Greece and the Netherlands will replace them after they all earned promotion at the second-tier competition in Heraklion, Greece.
The top four teams of 2015 league competition including Czech Republic, Greece, Netherlands and Belgium will be promoted to the super league.
Some of the winners of the European Team Athletics Championships 2015:
• Renaud Lavillenie of France: Olympic pole vault champion won with a leap of 5.85 meters
• Christophe Lemaitre of France: Won 100 meters in 10.26 seconds
• Darya Klishina of Russia: Two-time European indoor long jump champion jumped 6.95 meters to win
• Kuchina of Russia: Won High jump event by clearing 1.99 meters
• Sergey Shubenkov of Russia: World bronze medallist won 110m hurdles
• Anna Shchagina of Russia: Won the 1500m event
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App