Shreekant Javalgekar Resigned as the Managing Director and CEO of MCX
Shreekant Javalgekar resigned as the Managing Director and CEO of Multi Commodity Exchange.
Shreekant Javalgekar resigned as the Managing Director and CEO of Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) on 19 October 2013.
Multi Commodity Exchange is the only commodity exchange in India which is listed on a stock exchange.
Multi Commodity Exchange was promoted by Jignesh Shah-led Financial Technologies India Ltd (FTIL), which also promoted the now-defunct National Spot Exchange Ltd (NSEL).
Jignesh Shah Managing Director and CEO of the Financial Technologies India Ltd also resigned from the board on 9 October 2013.
Joseph Massey Managing Director and CEO of the MCX-SX also resigned from the board on 9 October 2013.
About Shreekant Javalgekar
• He has 30 years of rich experience in diverse fields of derivatives, corporate finance, capital markets, investor relations, accounting, treasury and fund management.
• He was also acted as the Indian advisor to Nexgen Financial Solutions, a financial derivatives house promoted by Singapore Technologies.
• He was worked with corporates such as Larsen and Toubro, Crompton Greaves and Toyo Engineering, mainly in areas of Finance and Treasury management.
• He is the former Director of Finance, Investor Relations and Communications, Financial Technologies (India) Limited.
• He was also worked as the Managing Director of Lazard India.