Software for Infrastructure Management launched by Indian Army
The software by the Indian Army has been launched with a realization that automation is a key to transform and increase transparency, efficiency, and enhance accountability.
The Chief of Army Staff inaugurated a unique ‘Infrastructure Management System’ software on the sidelines of the Army Commanders Conference which was held on October 28, 2020.
The software by the Indian Army has been launched with a realization that automation is a key to empowering all stakeholders in order to transform and increase transparency, efficiency, and enhance accountability.
Reason for developing software for Infrastructure Management:
As the infrastructure development has gained significance in many of the Indian Army stations where major works have been planned to replace the vintage accommodation of the pre-independence period, it has been realized that the process is time-consuming involving multiple agencies.
Also, all the functions towards infrastructure management and development are carried out manually which results to be time-consuming as well as in-efficient.
The software has been developed with the realization that automation of data is essential in lots of ways at the present time. The software will help not only in making infrastructure management more efficient but it will also help in enhancing accountability and transparency.
Scope of software package includes the following:
To accord the approval of the administration and execution monitoring by CFA
• To automate works initiation, list preparation, and approval by the Ministry of Defence.
• Automating availability of plan vacation, CAO pool accommodation, undertake maintenance and re-allocation
• Automating approval of extension for children education ground/ allocation of accommodation, special children, physical/battle casualty
• Managing the cantonment roads which includes emergency closure
• Make work, land, and quartering policies available online
• Monitor old grant bungalows, land encroachment, transfer/exchange of land, and VIP references.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS