Sourabh Verma and Rituparna Das on 7 February 2017 won the men’s singles and women’s singles titles respectively in the 81st Senior National Badminton Championships tournament in Patna, Bihar.
To win the title, the second seed Rituparna defeated the 9th seed Reshma Karthik in straight sets 21-12 21-14 in the final match.
In the men’s singles final, Sourabh Verma defeated Lakshya Sen in straight sets 21-13 21-12.
In the women's doubles event, the pair of Aparna Balan and Prajakta Sawant clinched the title by defeating Shikha Gautam and Sanyogita Ghorpade 21-9 21-11.
In the men's doubles event, the duo of Satwik Sai Raj and Chirag Shetty clinched the title by defeating Nand Gopal K and Sanyam Shukla 21-17, 16-21 and 21-16.
In the mixed doubles category, the duo of Satwik Sai Raj and Maneesha K defeated Venkat Gaurav Prasad and Juhi Dewangan 21-14 21-18 to claim the title.
About Sourabh Verma
• Sourabh Verma is an Indian badminton player. He hails from Madhy Pradesh.
• In 2011, he became the Indian National Badminton Champion in the senior singles category.
• Sourabh Verma won his first international title in 2011 by winning the Bahrain International Challenge. He stood as the runner up in the men’s singles category at the prestigious Syed Modi Grand Prix Gold 2011 after losing to the former Olympic champion Taufik Hidayat.
• He won back-to-back international titles in 2013 and 2014. First of them was the Tata International Challenge 2013 in Mumbai. He clinched the title by defeating Prannoy Kumar.
• Verma grabbed the next title at Iran Fajr International Challenge 2014 by defeating Alrie Guna Dharma.
• He won his third title at the Austrian International Challenge 2014 by defeating Hsu Jen-hao.
• Sourabh Verma stood as the runner up at the 2014 Malaysia Open Grand Prix Gold. In the championship, he was defeated by Simon Santoso of Indonesia.
• In October 2016, he won the men’s singles title in the Chinese Taipei Open by defeating Malaysia's Daren Liew.
When: 7 February 2017