Sri Lanka, Pakistan signed 8 MoUs to enhance bilateral cooperation
The MoUs were signed during Pakistan’s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s visit to Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka and Pakistan on 5 January 2016 signed 8 Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) to enhance the cooperation between the two countries in several fields in Colombo.
The MoUs were signed at the Presidential Secretariat in the presence of President of Sri Lanka Maithripala Sirisena, Prime Minister of Pakistan Nawaz Sharif and Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe.
Following are the MoUs signed between the two countries
1. MoU between the Ministry of Science, Technology and Research of Sri Lanka and the Ministry of Science, Technology and Research of Pakistan on Science, Technology and Innovation Cooperation
2. MoU for Scientific and Technological Cooperation between the National Science Foundation (NSF) of Sri Lanka and Pakistan Science Foundation
3. Agreement on Cooperation in the field of health between the governments of Sri Lanka and Pakistan
4. MoU between the Financial Intelligence Unit of Sri Lanka and Financial Monitoring Unit of Pakistan on the cooperation in the exchange of financial intelligence related to money laundering and terrorism financing
5. MoU between the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Wayamba Development and Cultural Affairs of Sri Lanka and Ministry of Information, Broadcasting and National Heritage of Pakistan on cultural cooperation
6. MoU between the Export Development Board (EDB) and the Trade Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP) regarding trade cooperation
7. MoU on sharing of statistical census data between the Department of Census and Statistics of Sri Lanka and the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics
8. MoU on cooperation between the Gem and Jewelery Research and Training Institute of Sri Lanka and Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App