Indian golfer SSP Chawrasia on 13 November 2016 won his first Asian Tour title outside the country. He won the 1 million US dollar Resorts World Manila Masters.
Chawrasia birdied the 18th play-off hole twice to emerge victorious over Sam Chien of the United States and Malaysia's Nicholas Fung.
The 2016 Resorts World Manila Masters was Chawrasia's fourth Asian Tour triumph and his first one outside India.
About SSP Chawrasia
• Shiv Shankar Prasad Chawrasia turned professional in 1997.
• He went on to win eight titles on the Indian Tour and finished second twice in the Indian Open.
• In February 2008, he won the inaugural Indian Masters, which was a part of the 2008 European Tour.
• In February 2011, he won his second European Tour event winning the 2011 Avantha Masters in New Delhi.
About Resorts World Manila Masters
• The Resorts World Manila Masters is a golf tournament on the Asian Tour.
• It was played for the first time in November 2013 at the Manila Southwoods Golf and Country Club in Manila, Philippines.
• Thailand’s Natipong Srithong was the winner of the 2015 Resorts World Manila Masters.
Tamil Nadu launches toll-free helpline ‘181’ for domestic violence victims
SEBI to relax listing norms for start-ups; renames ITP as ‘Innovators Growth Platform’
First International Conference on ‘Sustainable Water Management’ held in Mohali
UAE to double women’s representation in Federal National Council to 50 per cent