Startup India has launched the Startup Academia Alliance programme, which is a unique mentorship opportunity between academic scholars and startups working in similar domains, to fulfill the Indian Government’s mission to promote the spirit of entrepreneurship in the country.
The Startup Academia Alliance aims to reduce the gap between scientific research and its industrial applications in order to increase the efficacy of these technologies and widen their impact.
The initiative aims to create lasting connections between the stakeholders of the startup ecosystem by creating a bridge between the academia and industry and implement the third pillar on which the Startup India Action Plan is based - Industry Academia Partnerships and Incubation.
• The first phase of Startup Academia Alliance was kick-started in partnership with Regional Centre for Biotechnology, The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), Council on Energy, Environment and Water, and TERI School of Advanced Studies.
• Renowned scholars from these institutes, from fields including renewable energy, biotechnology, healthcare and life sciences were taken on board to provide mentorship and guidance to the startups working in relevant areas.
• The applications for the programme were invited on the Startup India Hub, a one-stop destination for startups to apply for opportunities.
• A total of 133 applications from relevant startups were received, out of which, 43 were shortlisted by the institutes on the basis of operational areas and technological relevance.
• Emphasis was placed on finding startups that employ innovative solutions to pressing problems in diverse areas.
The guidance and mentorship sessions under the alliance programme have begun. The startups are expected to greatly benefit from the expertise and insights brought forth by experienced research scholars working in related fields.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider