Surya Prakash on 28 October 2014 was appointed as the Chairman of Prasar Bharti Board for a term of three years. He succeeded Mrinal Pande whose term ended on April 2014.
He was appointed on the recommendation of a three-member committee headed by Vice President M Hamid Ansari and comprising of Press Council of India Chairman Markandey Katju and Information and Broadcasting Secretary Bimal Julka.
At present, he is a Distinguished Fellow at the Vivekananda International Foundation in New Delhi and Director of India Foundation in New Delhi.
About Surya Prakash
• Surya Prakash is an author and Columnist and a leading commentator on Indian constitutional and parliamentary issues and governance. He is known for his well-researched interventions on national political issues.
• He was Editor, Zee News; Executive Editor, The Pioneer; India Editor, Asia Times, a business and political daily published from Bangkok and Singapore; Political Editor, Eenadu Group of Newspapers and Chief of Bureau, Indian Express, New Delhi.
• He is the Founder-Director of the Film and Media School at the Institute of Integrated Learning in Management, New Delhi and Founder-Director of the Pioneer Media School.
• He authored What Ails Indian Parliament was published in 1995 which is hailed as the most definitive text on the working of India's parliament after W.H.Morris-Jones book Parliament in India.
• He was awarded the KK Birla Fellowship to study on working of parliament and also secured a fellowship from the Frederick Ebert Foundation to study the working of Standing Committees of the German Bundestag in 1993.
• He is a recipient of the Karnataka Rajyotsava Award, the Sardar Patel Fellowship from the Institute of Policy Studies; the Karnataka Patrika Academy Award; and the Bipan Chandra Pal Sanman for Fearless Journalism.
Who: Surya Prakash
When: 28 October 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.