S.Varadarajan took over as the CMD of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
S. Varadarajan on 1 October 2013 took over charge as chairman and managing director (CMD) of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL).
S. Varadarajan on 1 October 2013 took over charge as chairman and managing director (CMD) of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL). S.Varadarajan has succeeded R.K. Singh.
Prior to his appointment as the CMD, Varadarajan was serving as the Director (finance) of the company.
About S. Varadarajan
• Varadarajan is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and a member of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India.
• S. Vardarajan had also served as Executive Director corporate finance and was responsible for overall treasury management, risk management, corporate accounts, taxation and budgeting.
• He has also served as the chief financial officer of Bharat Shell Limited, a joint venture between BPCL and Shell International.
• As Director of finance he successfully completed BPCL’s maiden issue of unsecured bonds in the international market which was over-subscribed by 15 times, the largest offering for an Indian company in 2012.
• S. Varadarajan (56) is the Chairman of Petronet India Limited and Petronet CCK Limited. He is a Director on the Board of Bharat Oman Refineries Limited, a joint venture company promoted by BPCL and Oman Oil Company. He is also Director on the Board of Bharat PetroResources Limited, Bharat Star Services Pvt. Limited, and Bharat Star Services (Delhi) Pvt Limited.