Beverages multinational Coca-Cola's Indian arm on 28 April 2017 announced the appointment of T K K Krishnakumar as the President of the company's India and South West Asia business.
Krishnakumar will take over the new position from 1 May 2017. He will replace current President Venkatesh Kini, who served the company for 19 years.
At present, Krishnakumar serves as the CEO and South West Asia Regional Director of Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages.
The company also appointed Vamsi Mohan as its South West Asia Regional Director. He currently serves as Bottling Investments Group’s (BIG) Region Director for Vietnam, Myanmar and Cambodia.
Coca-Cola India is one of India’s leading beverage companies which, along with its bottling partners, has a strong network of over 2.6 million retail outlets.
• Coca-Cola is a carbonated soft drink, which is produced by The Coca-Cola Company.
• It was originally intended as a patent medicine.
• It was invented by John Pemberton in the late 19th century.
• It was bought out by businessman Asa Griggs Candler, whose marketing tactics led Coca-Cola to its dominance of the world soft-drink market throughout the 20th century.
• The drink's name refers to two of its original ingredients, which were kola nuts and coca leaves.
• The current formula of Coca-Cola remains a trade secret.
• The Coca-Cola Company produces concentrate, which is then sold to licensed Coca-Cola bottlers throughout the world.
Who: T K K Krishnakumar
When: 28 April 2017