Tata Consultancy Services on 17 March 2016 announced a three year partnership with the Virgin Money London Marathon.
The aim of the partnership is to enhance the digital experience delivered to marathon participants.
Under the terms of the partnership, TCS will become the race’s official technology partner for the 2016, 2017 and 2018 events.
About Virgin Money London Marathon
• The Virgin Money London Marathon is a long-distance running event held in London, United Kingdom.
• The event was first run on 29 March 1981. Since then, it has been held in the spring of every year since.
• The race was founded by the former Olympic champion and journalist Chris Brasher and athlete John Disley.
• Set over a largely flat course around the River Thames, the race begins at three separate points around Blackheath and finishes in The Mall alongside St. James's Park.
• The event has raised over 450 million pound for charity since 1981, and holds the Guinness world record as the largest annual fund raising event in the world.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.