Telangana State Finance Minister Etela Rajender on 13 March 2017 presented the annual Budget for the FY 2017-18 in the legislative assembly.
Presenting his fourth Budget, Rajender announced that the State would achieve a Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) growth of over 10.1 per cent between April 2016 and March 2017.
Highlights of Telangana State Budget 2017-18
• The total size of the budget was pegged at Rs 1,49,446 crore. Compared to the 2016-17 Budget, which was pegged at Rs 1,30,415 crore, it is more than over 19 crore rupees.
• The demonetization initiative of the Union Government has adversely affected the revenue collections under stamps and registration and to a lesser extent the revenue from the value added tax in the current year.
• A provision of Rs 50,954.61 crore is proposed in 2017-18 towards the committed expenditure under revenue heads.
• In addition, an amount of Rs 4,659.48 crore for loan repayments and an amount of Rs 5,544.85 crore towards loans and advances and Rs 448.26 crore has been proposed under the capital heads.
• Thus, the total amount proposed in 2017-18 towards committed expenditure is Rs.61,607.20 crore.
• Three installments of farm loan waiver have already been deposited into the bank accounts of farmers and the last installment will be released in 2017-18, for which a provision of Rs 4,000 crore has been proposed.
• It is proposed to procure and distribute 84 lakh sheep to 4 lakh Yadava families in the State over the next two years.
• It has been proposed to develop a textile park in Warangal and an apparel park in Sircilla.
• An amount of Rs 1,200 crore has been proposed towards assistance to weavers in the 2017-18 Budget.
• Rs 1,000 crore allocated for Most Backward Classes Commission.
• On the admission of pregnant women in a government hospital, the government has decided to extend an assistance of Rs 4,000. At the time of discharge from the hospital, further assistance of Rs.4000 will be provided.
Telangana Assembly Elections 2018: TRS wins sweeping majority for second straight term
Telangana’s Sadarmatt anicut, Pedda Cheruvu get Heritage Irrigation Structure status
Telangana Cabinet passes resolution to dissolve Legislative Assembly
Telangana launches life insurance scheme worth Rs 5 lakh for farmers