The Moonballer: Nirupama Vaidyanathan
Nirupama Sanjeev (Vaidyanathan), the former Tennis Player from India on 5 August 2013 released her book, The Moonballer. The book was launched by the tennis ace Vijay Amritraj in Chennai.
The book elaborates her story in a crisp manner and has tried to expose people and their self-centred approach.
About Nirupama Vaidyanathan
• At present she is based on US and runs a Tennis Academy in Bay Area, California.
• Nirupama Vaidyanathan (36) represented the country in SAF Games, Commonwealth Games, Asian Games and the Sydney Olympics apart from the Fed Cup
• She turned professional at the age of 18 and started playing mainly in Europe
• She has also won the Bronze Medal at the 1998 Bangkok Asian Games in Mixed Doubles, partnering Mahesh Bhupathi
• Nirupama has been on the expert commentary team along with Indian tennis legend Vijay Amritraj for the four Grand Slams
• She represented India to play in the Commonwealth Games 2010 and in Asian games in Guangzhou