Thailand’s Thongchai Jaidee on 25 August 2016 was voted as the Hilton Asian Tour Golfer of the Month for July 2016.
Thongchai won the award ahead of Chinese Taipei's Chan Shih-chang and Carlos Pigem of Spain. They were nominated by a selection panel before going into a voting process.
About Thongchai Jaidee
• Thongchai Jaidee is a Thai professional golfer who plays on the Asian Tour and the European Tour.
• On the Asian Tour, he holds the record for the most career earnings and is second in victories having won 13 times.
• He has won the Order of Merit on the Asian Tour three times during his career.
• In February 2004, he became the first Thai to win a tournament on the European Tour by winning the Carlsberg Malaysian Open, an event which was co-sanctioned with the Asian Tour.
• In 2006, he received a special invitation to play in the Masters Tournament. He was the second Thai to play in the Masters after Sukree Onsham. By doing so, Thongchai became the first Thai to play in all four major championships.
• He topped the Asian Tour order of merit for a third time in 2009.
• He won for the fifth time on the European Tour in June 2012 at the ISPS Handa Wales Open.
• He qualified for the 2015 Presidents Cup squad for the first time. With this, he became the first player from Thailand to earn the honour.
• In September 2015, he won his seventh European Tour title at the Porsche European Open in Germany.
• He claimed his eighth European Tour victory in July 2016, with a four stroke victory at the Open de France.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Thongchai Jaidee
When: 25 August 2016