Tirupati Airport awarded Best Tourist Friendly Airport
The State Annual Tourism Excellence Awards under various segments of Travel and Tourism Industry are awarded by Department of Tourism, Government of Andhra Pradesh.
Airports Authority of India’s Tirupati Airport on 27 September 2016 was awarded the Best Tourist Friendly Airport under the category for State Annual Excellence Awards for the year 2015-16 by Andhra Pradesh Tourism.
The award was presented on the eve of World Tourism Day by the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Nara Chandra Babu Naidu at Bhawani Islands, Vijayawada.
About State Annual Tourism Excellence Awards
• The State Annual Tourism Excellence Awards under various segments of Travel and Tourism Industry are awarded by Department of Tourism, Government of Andhra Pradesh.
• They are awarded for maintaining excellent Customer friendly relations with tourists and passengers, coinciding with World Tourism Day Celebrations.
About Tirupati Airport
• Tirupati Airport was established in the year 1976.
• It is a public airport located at Renigunta, a suburb of Tirupati in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
• The airport is located 14 km away from Tirupati and 39 km from Venkateswara Temple, Tirumala.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App