Cabinet apprised of MoU between India and Angola for cooperation in field of Electronics
• The Union Cabinet was on May 23, 2018 apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Angola for promoting bilateral cooperation in the field of Electronics and Information Technology.
• The MoU aims to promote closer cooperation in the areas of e-Governance, Information Security, Electronics Hardware manufacturing, IT embedded Software industry, Telemedicine etc.
• The MoU was signed on the sidelines of the initiatives taken by Union Government like "Digital India", "Make in India", etc.
Cabinet approves MoU signed between India and France in field of Renewable Energy
• The Union Cabinet approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and France in the field of Renewable Energy on March 10, 2018 in New Delhi.
• The MoU aim to promote cooperation between the National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) of India and Commissariat aI'EnergieAtomique et aux Energies Alternatives (CEA) of France in the mutually identified areas.
• Both the parties would work for implementation and deployment of pilot project in International Solar Alliance (ISA) member countries.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Denmark on Food Safety Cooperation
• The Union Cabinet approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Denmark regarding cooperation in the areas of food safety.
• The MoU will help deepen bilateral ties, eventually strengthening both sides in their capacity building efforts towards food safety.
• The MoU will help improve food safety standard by getting access to best practices and facilitating food trade of important commodities.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Morocco on India-Morocco cooperation in Renewable Energy
• The Union Cabinet approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Morocco for cooperation in renewable energy.
• The MoU envisages establishing a Joint Working Committee to review, monitor and discuss matters relation to areas of cooperation. T
• he MoU aims for exchange of expertise and networking of information.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Turkey on trade in poppy seeds
• The Union Cabinet approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Turkey on trade in poppy seeds to ensure quick and transparent processing for import of poppy seeds from Turkey.
• Turkish Grain Board (TMO) will maintain an online system to enable regulation of export of poppy seeds from Turkey to India.
• Each year, the quantity of poppy seeds which will be imported by India from Turkey shall be decided by Government of India in consultation with Government of Turkey taking into account the production of poppy seeds in Turkey in a crop year.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Singapore in field of Personnel Management
• The Union Cabinet approved signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Singapore on Cooperation in the field of personnel management and public administration.
• The MoU aims at improving the current system of governance, particularly in the areas of workforce, workplace and jobs, public service delivery, HR management, public sector reform and e-governance.
• It also aims to achieve excellence in public administration in the context of improving online public service delivery.
Cabinet approves provision of mobile connectivity in Left Wing Extremism Areas
• The Union Cabinet approved the ‘Universal Service Obligation Fund’ (USOF) supported scheme to provide mobile services at 4072 tower locations identified by MHA in inhabited uncovered areas affected by Left Wing Extremism [LWE] of 96 districts in 10 States for Phase-ll project.
• The total project cost would be Rs 7330 Crore.
• This network would be used by the security personnel deployed in LWE affected areas.
• 2G and 4G technology will be deployed in this project for providing the mobile connectivity.
Cabinet approves USOF scheme for provision of mobile services in Meghalaya under CTDP
• The Union Cabinet approved implementation of a comprehensive telecom development plan (CTDP) for the north eastern region (NER) in Meghalaya at a total estimated project cost of Rs 3911 crore.
• The cost will be funded by the Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF). The cabinet also approved enhanced cost of CTDP Project for NER for an amount of Rs 8120.81 crore.
• There is a provision of 2G+4G mobile coverage in identified uncovered areas of the State of Meghalaya and along the National Highways in Meghalaya.
CCEA approves waiver of Penal Interest on Government Loans advanced to Paradip Port Trust
• The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved waiving of Penal Interest on Government Loans to Paradip Port Trust (PPT).
• It waived off penal interest amounting to Rs 1076.59 crore in respect of PPT and further accruals thereon till date of approval.
• PPT will have to pay penalty of 0.25 percent of Penal Interest as on the date of approval of waiver of penal Interest.
CCEA approves waiver of Penal Interest on Government Loans advanced to Visakhapatnam Port Trust
• The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved waiving of penal interest on government loans to Visakhapatnam Port Trust (VPT).
• It waiver off penal interest amounting to Rs 250.89 crore in respect of VPT and further accruals thereon till date of approval.
• VPT needs to pay penalty of 0.25 percent of Penal Interest as on date of approval of waiver of Penal Interest.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.