2 November 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like four judges elevated as Supreme Court judge, Ease of Doing Business Index and Union Government’s Support and Outreach Initiative for MSME among others.
1. Who among the following was not sworn-in as the Supreme Court judge on November 2, 2018?
a) Justice Naresh Harishchandra
b) Justice Hemant Gupta
c) Justice R Subhash Reddy
d) Justice Ajay Rastogi
2. The Supreme Court on November 1, 2018 fixed what deadline for filing of claims and objections by individuals excluded from the first draft of Assam NRC?
a) November 15
b) December 15
c) January 15
d) February 15
3. Which organisation publishes the Ease of Doing Business Index every year?
a) United Nations
b) World Economic Forum
c) World Bank
d) International Monetary Fund
4. Which space probe of NASA will get retired from its service soon?
b) Project Mercury
5. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Union Government’s Support and Outreach Initiative for which sector?
6. The Ministry of Home Affairs recently approved a Safe City project under the Nirbhaya Fund Scheme for which city?
7. India’s first Justice City will come up in which of the following cities?
c) New Delhi
8. When is the International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists observed?
a) 2nd November
b) 4th November
c) 30th October
d) 29th October
1. (a) Justice Naresh Harishchandra
Justices Hemant Gupta, R Subhash Reddy, M R Shah and Ajay Rastogi were on November 2, 2018 sworn-in as the Judges of the Supreme Court. Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi administered oath of office to the four judges.
2. (b) December 15
The Supreme Court on November 1, 2018 fixed December 15 as the deadline for filing of claims and objections by individuals excluded from the first draft of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) of Assam, published on July 30, 2018.
3. (c) World Bank
The World Bank on October 31, 2018 released the Doing Business Report 2019 titled as ‘Doing Business 2019: Training for Reform’, assessing and ranking countries on the basis of ease of doing business in the year 2018. As per the 2019 Report, India jumped 23 places on the Ease of Doing Business Index to 77th rank, up from 100th rank last year.
4. (d) Kepler
NASA has announced that Kepler Space Telescope will be retired after 9 years of its service. Kepler was NASA’s first planet hunting mission and it discovered 2600 planets since 2009. The Kepler’s camera measured changes in the brightness of 150,000 stars in one patch of sky to identify alien planets, including 10 planets that could potentially be inhabited by humans.
5. (a) MSME
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Support and Outreach Programme on November 2, 2018 at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi. MSME Outreach Programme will run for 100 days covering 100 Districts throughout the country.
6. (b) Lucknow
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) approved a Safe City project for Lucknow at a total cost of Rs. 194.44 crore under the Nirbhaya Fund Scheme. The Safe city proposal for Lucknow will be implemented by Uttar Pradesh Police, assisted by the Municipal bodies and city transport authorities.
7. (d) Amaravati
The Andhra Pradesh government is building a world-class and India’s first ‘Justice City’ within its new capital Amaravati with the vision to provide a state-of-the-art ecosystem built on latest technology for supporting the judicial system in the state. The Justice City will comprise integrated judicial hub spread across 3,309 acres with an estimated population of 2.5 lacs.
8. (a) 2 November
The International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists is observed on November 2. The date was chosen in commemoration of the assassination of two French journalists in Mali on November 2, 2013.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week