Top Current Affairs Quiz: 24 September 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as 2019 UN Climate Action Summit, Golden Cards, FIFA Awards 2019 and pension scheme for deceased government employees among others.
24 September 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as 2019 UN Climate Action Summit, Golden Cards, FIFA Awards 2019 and pension scheme for deceased government employees among others.
1. The RBI has imposed restrictions on the functioning of which among the following co-operative banks?
2. The central government announced how much hike in the pension paid to the families of central government employees dying within 7 years of service?
a) 40 percent
b) 30 percent
c) 50 percent
d) 60 percent
3. “How dare you? You have stolen my dreams, my childhood with your empty words.” Who said these words?
a) Malala Yousafzai
b) Sonita Alizadeh
c) Bana Alabed
d) Greta Thunberg
4. PM Modi, during his speech at the 2019 UN Climate summit, announced that India will increase its capacity of renewable energy to 175 gigawatts by which year?
5. Which State/UT became the first to issue the highest number of Golden Cards under Ayushman Bharat scheme?
b) Jammu & Kashmir
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
6. Maharashtra and Haryana will go to polls on which day?
a) October 24th
b) October 23rd
c) October 22nd
d) October 21st
7. Who won the FIFA's Best Men's Player Award 2019 for his outstanding performance recently?
a) Lionel Messi
b) Cristiano Ronaldo
c) Luka Modric
8. Which Indian business school has been ranked among Top 10 Forbes Best International 1-Year Business Schools 2019?
a) FMS Delhi
b) ISB Hyderabad
c) IIM Ahmedabad
d) SIBM Pune
9. Which country recently announced that the Doctors and Nurses need not take TOEFL & IELTS exam to practice there?
10. When will the BCCI Elections 2019 be held in India?
a) 3rd October
b) 15th October
c) 23rd October
d) 4th November
1. (a) PMC
The Reserve Bank of India has imposed restrictions on Punjab and Maharashtra Co-operative (PMC) Bank for a period of six months. Under the new restrictions, PMC bank customers will not be able to withdraw more than Rs 1000 from their savings, current or any other account in the co-operative bank.
2. (c) 50 percent
The central government has decided to hike the family pension for a central government employee who dies within 7 years of service from 30 percent to 50 percent.
3. (d) Greta Thunberg
Climate activist Greta Thunberg blasted off the world leaders during the 2019 UN climate action summit in New York by saying, “You have stolen my dreams, my childhood with your empty words and yet I am one of the lucky ones.”
4. (b) 2022
Prime Minister Narendra Modi while speaking at the 2019 UN Climate summit announced that India is going to increase the capacity of its renewable energy to 175 gigawatts till 2022 and it is committed to further increase the capacity to 450 gigawatts.
5. (b) Jammu & Kashmir
The people of Jammu and Kashmir have expressed their positive attitude towards government schemes by adopting Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) at a large scale. Over 11 lakh cards have been issued so far in the state.
6. (d) October 21st
Maharashtra and Haryana state assembly elections will be held on October 21, 2019 and the results will be declared on October 24.
7. (a) Lionel Messi
Lionel Messi has bagged the FIFA's Best Men's Player Award for his outstanding performance. It was Messi's sixth FIFA best player award. In women’s category, Megan Rapinoe has been awarded the FIFA Best Player Award 2019.
8. (b) ISB Hyderabad
Indian School of Business (ISB) of Hyderabad has been ranked 7th in the Forbes rankings of the Best International 1-Year Business Schools 2019. ISB is famous for its Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP).
9. (b) UK
Doctors, nurses and dentists now need not undertake the TOEFL and IELTS English language tests to practice in the United Kingdom (UK). Only the scores of the Occupational English Test (OET) are enough to register with the healthcare regulator in the UK.
10. (c) 23rd October
Vinod Rai, Chairman of the Committee of Administrators (CoA), recently announced that the BCCI’s elections have been rescheduled to October 23, 2019 due to the Haryana and Maharashtra Assembly elections.