Top Current Affairs Quiz: 25 September 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as “Global Goalkeeper" awards, Dadasaheb Phalke award and National Unity Day among others.
25 September 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as “Global Goalkeeper" awards, Dadasaheb Phalke award and National Unity Day among others.
1. Who among the following was conferred “Global Goalkeeper" award?
a) Donald Trump
b) Emmanuel Macron
c) Angela Merkel
d) Narendra Modi
2. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh commissioned which among the following vessels on September 25, 2019?
3. Who has been selected for the Dadasaheb Phalke award?
a) Amitabh Bachchan
c) Asha Bhosle
d) Lata Mangeshwar
4. National unity award has been constituted on whose name?
a) Mahatma Gandhi
b) Narendra Modi
c) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
d) B R Ambedkar
5. Who has become the first Indian cricketer to bowl 3 maidens in T20Is?
a) Jasprit Bumrah
b) Harmanpreet Kaur
c) Deepti Sharma
d) Krunal Pandya
6. Which country will host the Exercise MALABAR 2019?
7. When is the National Unity Day observed every year in India?
a) 30th September
b) 2nd October
c) 15th October
d) 31st October
8. PM Narendra Modi announced how much grant for the Pacific Islands Developing States recently?
a) USD 1 million
b) USD 5 million
c) USD 12 million
d) USD 15 million
9. Which organisation launched the Project NETRA recently to protect space assets?
10. Which of the following is India’s first corporate-run train that is slated to run from Lucknow to Delhi?
a) Tejas Express
b) Vande Bharat Express
c) Majesty Express
d) Humsafar Express
1. (d) Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was conferred the "Global Goalkeeper" award by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation on September 24, 2019 for his leadership in India’s massive Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
2. (a) Varaha
Defense Minister Rajnath Singh commissioned the Coast Guard offshore patrol vessel 'Varaha' at the Chennai Port on September 25, 2019. The vessel can stay in the sea without replenishment for 20 days.
3. (a) Amitabh Bachchan
Amitabh Bachchan has been selected for the highest Indian film honour- Dadasaheb Phalke award for the year 2019.
4. (c) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
The Union Government has instituted Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel award, the highest civilian award in the field of contribution to the unity and integrity of India.
5. (c) Deepti Sharma
Deepti Sharma has created history by becoming the first Indian cricketer to bowl 3 maiden overs in T20Is. She ended with figures of 4/8 in India’s first T20I against South Africa in Surat on September 24.
6. (c) Japan
The Trilateral Maritime Exercise, MALABAR will be held between the navies of India, Japan and USA off the coast of Japan from September 26 to October 4, 2019. Indian Naval Ships Sahyadri and ASW Corvette Kiltan will be participating in the exercise.
7. (d) 31st October
The National Unity Day 2019 will be celebrated across India on October 31, 2019 to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. This year, the day will witness the launch of ‘Sardar Patel National Unity Award’.
8. (c) USD 12 million
PM Narendra Modi recently announced a grant of USD 12 million for the high impact developmental projects of the Pacific Islands Developing States (PSIDS) on the sidelines of the UNGA session in New York.
9. (b) ISRO
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) recently launched the Project NETRA (Network for space object Tracking and Analysis), an early warning system, to protect the Indian space assets by detecting debris and other hazards.
10. (a) Tejas Express
Tejas Express, India’s first corporate-run train will be launched on October 4, 2019. The train will run from Lucknow to Delhi. The train will be operated by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).