Top Current Affairs Quiz: 3 June 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Cricket World Cup 2019, constitutional validity of death penalty for repeat rape offenders and new Ministry under Modi Cabinet 2.0 among others.
3 June 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Cricket World Cup 2019, constitutional validity of death penalty for repeat rape offenders and new Ministry under Modi Cabinet 2.0 among others.
1. Which high court recently upheld the constitutional validity of death penalty for repeat rape offenders?
a) Bombay High Court
b) Madras High Court
c) Kerala High Court
d) Rajasthan High Court
2. The Modi 2.0 Government created which new Ministry while allocating portfolios to new Council of Ministers on May 31?
a) Ministry of Nari Shakti
b) Ministry of Jal Shakti
c) Ministry of Space exploration
d) Ministry of Earth Sciences
3. Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik recently resigned from which constituency?
4. Which airlines resumed its flights to Pakistan after over 10 years of suspension?
b) Lion Air
d) British Airways
5. Which state celebrated its Formation Day on June 2?
b) West Bengal
6. Which state’s Chief Minister has announced the proposal of a free ride scheme for women in public transport?
a) Uttar Pradesh
7. As per a new study, MRI could be used to detect which chronic disease?
b) Heart Disease
8. Which public sector company has become India’s most profitable public sector company in the latest fiscal?
b) Bharat Petroleum
9. Pinaki Misra has been appointed as the Parliamentary party leader of which party?
d) Shiv Sena
10. In one of the major upsets in ICC world cup 2019, Bangladesh defeated which cricket team in Match 5?
a) New Zealand
b) Sri Lanka
d) South Africa
1. (a) Bombay High Court
Bombay High Court upheld the Constitutional validity of death penalty for repeat rape offenders. Under an amendment to section 376 (e) of the Indian Penal Code, repeat offenders in rape cases faced life imprisonment or a death penalty.
2. (b) Ministry of Jal Shakti
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government launched the “Ministry of Jal Shakti" to provide safe drinking water to people and appointed Gajendra Singh Shekhawat as the Minister of Jal Shakti. The Ministry has been created by merging Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation and Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation. One of the key BJP's manifestos was to set up a unified Ministry of Water to end the water problems in India.
3. (c) Bijepur
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik resigned from Bijepur assembly constituency. Patnaik contested the 2019 assembly elections from Hinjili and Bijepur constituencies and won from both the seats. His resignation was accepted by Assembly Speaker Surya Narayan Patra.
4. (d) British Airways
British Airways resumed its flights to Pakistan after over decade long suspension of its operations following a bomb blast in the Marriott hotel of capital Islamabad in 2008, killing over 50 people.
5. (a) Telangana
Telangana celebrated the fifth anniversary of its Formation Day on June 2, 2019. State Chief Minister Chandrasekhar Rao hoisted the tri-colour at Public Gardens in Hyderabad. Telangana is the youngest state of India.
6. (b) Delhi
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has announced free ride scheme for women in the capital to travel free of cost in DTC buses, cluster buses and Delhi Metro to ensure a safe travel experience.
7. (b) Heart Disease
According to a new study, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) can be used to measure how the heart uses oxygen for both healthy patients and those with heart disease.
8. (d) ONGC
The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), India's top oil and gas producer, has toppled Indian Oil Corp (IOC) to become the country's most profitable public sector company in this fiscal, the PSU reported a 34 per cent jump in its 2018-19 fiscal net profit to Rs 26,716 crore.
9. (c) BJD
Four-time MP Pinaki Misra has been appointed as the BJD's Parliamentary Party Leader. The regional party-led by Naveen Patnaik had won 12 seats in the Lok Sabha Elections 2019.
10. (d) South Africa
Bangladesh on June 2, 2019 shockingly beat South Africa by 21 runs at the Oval in London in Match 5 of ICC World Cup 2019. Chasing a target of 331 runs, South Africa could score only 309 for 8 in the stipulated 50 overs.