Top Current Affairs Quiz: 3 October 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Swachh Bharat Mission, commemorative stamp for Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary and Kartarpur corridor inauguration among others.
3 October 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Swachh Bharat Mission, commemorative stamp for Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary and Kartarpur corridor inauguration among others.
1. Under Swachh Bharat Mission, India built how many toilets for 60 crore people?
a) 11 crore
b) 15 crore
c) 10 crore
d) 20 crore
2. The UK court dismissed Pakistan’s claims and ruled in favour of India in a legal battle involving the funds of the 7th Nizam of Hyderabad. How much fund was involved?
3. Who among the following accepted Punjab CM Amarinder Singh’s invite to attend the inaugural event of Kartarpur corridor in Pakistan?
a) PM Narendra Modi
b) President Ram Nath Kovind
c) Former PM Manmohan Singh
d) Rajnath Singh
4. All three members of BCCI's Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) submitted their resignations recently. Who among the following was not one of the members.
a) Kapil Dev
b) Shantha Rangaswamy
c) Anshuman Gaekwad
d) Ravi Shastri
5. Who among the following scored his maiden test century during India’s first test against South Africa?
a) Cheteshwar Pujara
b) Hanuma Vihari
c) Shubman Gill
d) Mayank Agarwal
6. Which country released postage stamps on the occasion of 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi?
7. Which state government announced a complete ban on tobacco and pan-masala products in the state?
b) Uttar Pradesh
8. Who has been appointed as executive director for India at IMF?
a) Rajiv Gopalachari
b) Surjeet Bhalla
c) S. Nariman
d) Vivek Mohan
9. PM Narendra Modi released a commemorative coin worth this much value on Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary.
a) Rs. 150
b) Rs. 200
c) Rs. 250
d) Rs. 300
10. The newly-launched Vande Bharat train will take how many hours to reach Katra from Delhi?
1. (a) 11 crore
PM Modi declared India open defecation free on October 2, 2019. The Prime Minister announced that in 60 months, the government has been able to provide 11 crore toilets to over 60 crore people.
2. (a) £35m
India has won a decades-old legal dispute over funds worth £35m that belonged to the 7th Nizam of Hyderabad at the UK Court, while Pakistan’s claim over the money was dismissed.
3. (c) Former PM Manmohan Singh
Former PM Manmohan Singh accepted Punjab CM Captain Amarinder’s invite to join the first Jatha to Kartarpur Sahib Gurudwara in Pakistan on November 9. Manmohan Singh will also attend the main event at Sultanpur Lodhi in Punjab, India.
4. (d) Ravi Shastri
All three members of the BCCI’s Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) submitted their resignations recently. The committee, headed by Kapil Dev, also comprised Shantha Rangaswamy and Anshuman Gaekwad. The members resigned from their post after they were served with a notice for conflict of interest by the BCCI Ethics officer, Retired Justice DK Jain.
5. (d) Mayank Agarwal
Indian opener, Mayank Agarwal, scored his maiden test century on October 3, 2019 after a record-first wicket partnership with Rohit Sharma in India’s first test against South Africa at ACA-VDCA Stadium, Visakhapatnam.
6. (b) France
On the occasion of the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, a postage stamp bearing the photograph of Gandhiji has been issued in France. French postal service company La Poste has released this stamp. Similar stamps were issued on Gandhi Jayanti in many countries of the world - Uzbekistan, Turkey, Palestine and other countries.
7. (a) Rajasthan
Rajasthan has imposed a complete ban on all types of tobacco products including storage, advertising and sale of pan-masala products. Earlier, two states Maharashtra and Bihar also banned tobacco and pan-masala products.
8. (b) Surjeet Bhalla
Surjeet Bhalla is a famous economist and former member of economic advisory council of Prime Minister of India. Earlier, RBI’s former deputy Governor Subir Gokarn was working as India’s executive director at IMF but he died on July 30 this year.
9. (a) Rs. 150
Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tribute to the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi at the Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad to mark his 150th birth anniversary and released a commemorative coin worth Rs 150 on the occasion.
10. (d) 8 hours
Home Minister Amit Shah flagged off India’s fastest train, Vande Bharat Express on October 3, 2019. This train will reach Vaishno Devi (Katra) from Delhi in 8 hours while other trains usually take 12-13 hours. The train has total 16 coaches with 14 chair car coaches.