Top Current Affairs Quiz: 31 May 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Modi’s new Cabinet Ministers, new finance and new external affairs minister among others.
31 May 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Modi’s new Cabinet Ministers, new finance and new external affairs minister among others.
1. Who has been given the Finance portfolio in the new Modi Government?
a) Rajnath Singh
b) Amit Shah
c) Piyush Goyal
d) Nirmala Sitharaman
2. Who has been named as the new Home Minister?
a) Smriti Irani
b) Amit Shah
c) Rajnath Singh
d) Nirmala Sitharaman
3. Who among the following will be the new External Affairs Minister under Modi 2.0?
a) Ravi Shankar Prasad
b) Smriti Irani
c) S Jaishankar
d) Amit Shah
4. When is World No Tobacco Day observed?
a) May 31st
b) May 30th
c) May 29th
d) May 28th
5. Which among the following Ministers has been left out from Narendra Modi’s new Cabinet Ministers?
a) DV Sadananda Gowda
b) Maneka Gandhi
c) Narendra Singh Tomar
d) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
6. Which state/UT govt has recently announced to build a water museum?
7. How many women cabinet ministers (apart from State ministers) are included in newly formed Indian Government?
8. Which country has recently removed India from currency watch list?
9. In which state has scientists recently identified a new type of wasp of Kudkremia family?
d) Tamil Nadu
10. Which among the following BJP allies refused to join the PM Modi-led government for the second term?
d) Shiv Sena
1. (d) Nirmala Sitharaman
Former Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has been named as the new Finance Minister under Modi Government’s second term.
2. (b) Amit Shah
First-time Minister Amit Shah has been named as the new Home Minister under PM Modi’s new government.
3. (c) S Jaishankar
Former Indian foreign secretary S Jaishankar has been named as the new External Affairs Minister under Modi 2.0.
4. (a) May 31st
The World No Tobacco Day 2019 was observed on May 31, 2019 with key focus on "tobacco and lung health."
5. (b) Maneka Gandhi
Former Women and Child Minister Maneka Gandhi has been notably left out from PM Modi’s new Cabinet Ministers.
6. (c) Delhi
Delhi government announced to build a water museum in the capital. Apart from this, the construction of a drinking water treatment plant in Chandraval and the construction of a sewage treatment plant in Okhla has also been approved. The construction of this plant will cost about Rs. 598 crores.
7. (a) 3
Total three women cabinet ministers have been included in Modi government 2.0. Nirmala Sitharaman as Finance Minister, Smriti Irani as Minister of Women and Child Development; and Ministry of Textile and Harsimrat Kaur Badal as Minister of Food Processing Industries.
8. (c) USA
The US Treasury Department has removed India and Switzerland from its currency monitoring watch list of major trading partners. Exclusion from the list will certainly pave the way for negotiations in Indo-US bilateral trade relations.
9. (a) Goa
A new species of wasp from the genus Kudakrumia has been recently identified by scientists in Goa. The wasp, Kudakrumia rangnekari, was named after Goa-based researcher Parag Rangnekar.
10. (c) JDU
BJP ally JD(U), which has 16 MPs in Lok Sabha, has refused to join the new Narendra Modi government. JDU chief and Bihar CM Nitish Kumar said that the BJP wanted only one person from JDU in the cabinet which would have been just symbolic participation. However, he added that his party is fully with NDA.