4 May 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as 9th India Japan Energy Dialogue, World Press Freedom Day and Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandan Yojana among others.
1. The 9th India Japan Energy Dialogue was held in which city?
a) New Delhi
2. Which state became the first Indian state to provide digitally-signed land record receipts?
3. The bilateral border trade between India and China resumed through which border post?
a) Dok La
c) Nathu La
d) Khardung La
4. When is the World Press Freedom Day observed every year?
a) May 2
b) May 3
c) May 4
d) May 5
5. What was the theme of the 2018 World Press Freedom Day?
a) Keeping Power in Check: Media, Justice and The Rule of Law
b) Media and Good Governance
c) Critical Minds for Critical Times
d) Access to Information and Fundamental Freedoms
6. Which scheme was approved in the health sector beyond 12th Five Year Plan for the period from 2017-18 to 2019-20?
a) Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana
b) Krishonnati Yojana
c) Kanaya Swasthya Jyoti Scheme
d) Rashtriya Krishi Suraksha Yojana
7. Which Indian-American has been appointed interim civil court judge in the United States?
a) Deepa Ambekar
b) Mira Nair
c) Nikki Haley
d) Nina Davuluri
8. Which state government would be starting 13 international schools with specialized curriculum?
9. India organised a 5-day cultural festival to commemorate the birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore in which nation?
a) United Kingdom
10. The fourth regional conference on futuristic, resilient and digital infrastructure was held in which city?
a) New Delhi
11. The Union Cabinet has approved doubling of investment limit for senior citizens under which scheme?
a) National Pension Scheme
b) Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
c) Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
d) Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandan Yojana
12. The North Eastern cultural and information centre will soon be set up in which city?
a) New Delhi
Answers with Explanation
1. (a) New Delhi
The 9th India Japan Energy Dialogue was held in New Delhi on May 1, 2018. Both Japan and India recognised that having access to reliable, clean and economical energy is critical for their economic growth.
2. (b) Maharashtra
Maharashtra became the first Indian state to provide digitally-signed land record receipts, the most important document which establishes the ownership of the land and is primarily used by farmers while applying for loans.
3. (c) Nathu La
The 12th edition of the bilateral border trade between India and China resumed for the scheduled period from May 1 to November 30 from Nathu La border, Sikkim.
4. (b) May 3
The World Press Freedom Day was observed across the world on May 3, 2018 with an aim to celebrate the fundamental principles of press freedom, defend the media from attacks and pay tribute to journalists who have lost their lives while being on duty.
5. (a) Keeping Power in Check: Media, Justice and The Rule of Law
The theme of 2018 World Press Freedom Day - ‘Keeping Power in Check: Media, Justice and The Rule of Law’, highlights the importance of an empowering legal environment for press freedom and focuses on the role of an independent judiciary in ensuring legal security for press freedom and the prosecution of crimes against journalists.
6. (a) Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana
The Union Cabinet on May 2, 2018 approved the continuation of Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY) beyond the 12th Five Year Plan for a period of three year from 2017-18 to 2019-20 with the financial outlay of Rs 14832 crores.
7. (a) Deepa Ambekar
Indian-American Deepa Ambekar has been appointed as the interim judge to a US civil court of New York City. She has become the second Indian-American woman judge in the city after Chennai-born Raja Rajeswari.
8. (b) Maharashtra
The Maharashtra government would be starting 13 international schools with specialised curriculum from June 2018. Further, a total of 100 such schools will be started from the next academic year. The government has formed the Maharashtra International Education Board (MIEB) for the purpose.
9. (c) Egypt
India is organising a five-day cultural festival in Egypt to commemorate the 157th birth anniversary of Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore.An exhibition on the paintings of Tagore titled ‘Rabindranath Tagore: Rhythm in Colours' will be held at the Museum of Ahmed Shawky at Giza as part of the festival, which began on May 3.
10. (b) Bengaluru
The 4th regional conference on futuristic, resilient and digital infrastructure began in Bengaluru on May 3, 2018. The 2-day event is a lead-up to the 3rd Annual Meeting of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), which will be hosted by the Union Government from June 25-26 in Mumbai.
11. (d) Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandan Yojana
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on May 2, 2018 gave its approval for extending the investment limit from Rs 7.5 lakhs to Rs 15 lakhs as well as an extension of time limits for subscription from May 4, 2018 to May 31, 2020. The move was undertaken under the Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandan Yojana (PMVVY), as a part of the government's commitment for financial inclusion and social security.
12. (a) New Delhi
The Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (I/C), Dr. Jitendra Singh has announced that a North Eastern Cultural and Information Centre would soon come up in Delhi. The centre will act as a cultural, convention and information hub of the northeastern region in Delhi.