5 November 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Saura Jalnidhi Scheme, ‘Dharma Guardian-2018’ military exercise and India’s first indigenous microprocessor among others.
1. India recently announced credit support of USD 350 million for which country?
2. Which state launched Saura Jalnidhi Scheme?
a) Tamil Nadu
3. Which decommissioned carrier will be converted into India’s first-ever maritime museum-cum-marine adventure centre?
a) INS Vahaan
b) INS Vikram
c) INS Viraat
d) INS Vikrant
4. The joint military exercise ‘Dharma Guardian-2018’ began between India and which country?
5. Which Indian cricketer was recently officially inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame?
a) Rahul Dravid
b) VVS Laxman
c) Virender Sehwag
d) Ajay Jadeja
6. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Union Government’s Support and Outreach Initiative for which sector?
7. The USITC has ruled against putting an anti-dumping duty on the import of polytetrafluoroethylene from which nations?
a) India, China
b) China, Japan
c) India, Bangladesh
d) Bangladesh, Sri Lanka
8. Which branch of IIT has developed India’s first microprocessor ‘Shakti’?
a) IIT Delhi
b) IIT Kharagpur
c) IIT Roorkee
d) IIT Madras
9. Which among the following banking institutions has started the process of setting up a digital Public Credit Registry?
10. Which country has extended its working holiday visas to ease farm labourers’ shortage?
a) New Zealand
c) United States
11. Which Indian state is going to become ODF by November 15?
b) Uttar Pradesh
12. The iconic Signature Bridge has been inaugurated in which Indian city?
c) New Delhi
Answers with Explanation
1. (a) Zimbabwe
India will extend Line of credits of more than USD 350 million to Zimbabwe for two power projects and a drinking water project. India will give about 3 million US dollar grant for upgradation of Indo-Zim Technology centre. Assistance for construction of Mahatma Gandhi Convention Centre in Zimbabwe will also be granted by India.
2. (b) Odisha
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the 'Saura Jalnidhi' scheme on October 30, 2018. The objective of this scheme is to encourage the use of solar energy in irrigation by farmers.
3. (c) INS Viraat
The Maharashtra Cabinet approved the conversion of decommissioned aircraft carrier INS Viraat into a floating museum. It will be India’s first-ever moored maritime museum-cum-marine adventure centre.
4. (d) Japan
The first-ever Indo-Japan joint military exercise “Dharma Guardian- 2018” started at a jungle warfare school in Mizoram’s Vairengte with a focus on strengthening counter-terror cooperation. The Japanese contingent is represented by 32nd Infantry Battalion, while the Indian side by 6/1 Gorkha Rifles.
5. (a) Rahul Dravid
Former Indian cricket captain Rahul Dravid was officially inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame for his stupendous achievements in international cricket. Dravid was presented with the HoF cap by Sunil Gavaskar.
6. (b) MSME
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Support and Outreach Programme on November 2, 2018 at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi. MSME Outreach Programme will run for 100 days covering 100 Districts throughout the country.
7. (a) India and China
The US International Trade Commission has ruled against putting an anti-dumping duty on the import of polytetrafluoroethylene from India and China. The fluoropolymer is a key ingredient in non-stick coating for pans and other cookware.
8. (d) IIT Madras
India’s first indigenous microprocessor, ‘Shakti’, has been designed by the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) to reduce reliance on imported microprocessors in communication and defence sectors.
9. (a) RBI
The Reserve Bank of India has initiated the process to set up a digital Public Credit Registry to capture details of all borrowers, including wilful defaulters and also the pending legal suits in order to check financial delinquencies. The public credit registry is a digital registry of authenticated granular credit information. It will work as a financial information infrastructure providing access to various stakeholders.
10. (b) Australia
Australia announced on November 5, 2018 that it was extending working holiday visas to allow young travellers to stay longer in the country to help meet a shortage of farm labourers. The change allows travellers from July 2019 onwards to remain in Australia for up to three years if they spend at least six months doing agricultural work.
11. (d) Jharkhand
The Union Minister for Drinking Water and Sanitation Uma Bharati said that with the present rate of sanitation coverage in the state, Jharkhand will become an open defecation free state by November 15, 2018, on the occasion of its foundation day.
12. (c) New Delhi
The Signature Bridge over Yamuna River in Delhi was thrown open for public on November 5, 2018, after it was inaugurated by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. The iconic bridge is 675 metres long and it will reduce the travel time between north and northeast Delhi and share the burden of the Wazirabad Bridge.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week